Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Questions For Fun

The things I've done are in bold.

1. Started your own blog- So far so good!

2. Slept under the stars- too many camping trips and backpacking trips to count!

3. Played in a band- I guess if bands from elementary school through high school count? I played the flute and I was actually really good. I was first chair each year until my Junior year. I quit practicing because I found it to be dorky. I'd love to play that thing again!

4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower- is this the same thing as a falling star? Probably not.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity

7. Been to Disney world- when I was 5 years old and had a broken toe. I mostly remember getting stuck on the Peter Pan ride. And the haunted wax museum ride. I was kinda scared but wanted to pretend like I wasn't. I sat in my dad's lap and checked everything out while my sister buried her head in my mom's shoulder. I thought I was so brave!

8. Climbed a mountain- a few! Mostly on the Appalachian Trail, in the Smokey Mountains or Appalachian, also did a 45 mile backpacking trip in Big Bend, Texas. Climbed some crazy mountains there!!!

9. Held a praying mantis

10. Sang a solo

11. Bungee jumped- the bungee tower at Myrtle Beach. I payed $50 for it. It closed down a few months later because someone died jumping off of it.

12. Visited Paris - we lived in France twice when I was little. I've visited the Tower twice. The sad thing is I was so young I barely remember most of my experience there. I wish I could go back!

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea- I stook stranded on a huge sandbar off the island of Petite Martinique, which is an island under the jurisdiction of Grenada. I seriously thought I was going to die. No shelter and a magnificent storm. I survived.

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch

15. Adopted a child- does a White's Tree Frog count? My high school boyfriend's sister-in-law had "eerT" the Tree Frog (eerT is Tree spelled backwards!). She moved to Washington State and didn't want to travel with him. She told me he was about 2 years old and he would die soon. He lived to be 8 years old and was an awesome pet!

16. Had food poisoning

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty

18. Grown your own vegetables

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France- I remember my mom saying "Remember seeing this painting, you must never forget seeing this." Instead I was busy trying to remain "lady-like" in a stuffy French museum and decided to make up an imaginary friend. My mom was telling me that when Leonardo Da Vinci painted the Mona Lisa, there were clowns and other people to keep her entertained while she sat there so long. I then created "Gerber" who was small enough to fit in my pocket and would never die. He was so old, he had helped keep Mona entertained while she was being painted. I even had a specific voice that I would say was "Gerber talking." Yes, I can still do the voice. And of course, my mom sometimes still asks to speak to Gerber!

20. Slept on an overnight train

21. Had a pillow fight

22. Hitch hiked- if you've ever gotten into kayaking in the NC mountains, you'll know its necessary sometimes to hitch a ride up the mountain with your boat. Otherwise its a long hike with a boat on your back! The cool thing is that people up there are used to it and gladly give you rides!

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill

24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb

26. Gone skinny dipping- too many times to count! My most recent adventure was with RNH in Mexico on our honeymoon! We got caught by a Mexican security guard on a bike. He told us we had to get out of the pool because the chemicals were bad for our skin- meaning they were shocking it in the middle of the night.... oops! He said we'd be fine if we went down to "La Playa." So instead, RNH and I skinny dipped in the ocean. I'm sure that security guard was watching us from somewhere... ew!

27. Run a Marathon

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset- all the time- my job requires me to work from 7pm to 7am on a 28-day rotating cycle. Some days I get to see both sunrises and sunsets!!!

31. Hit a home run- in little league softball!

32. Been on a cruise

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors

35. Seen an Amish community- HA! My grandparents who live in Pennsylvania always tried to keep us entertained as kids when we'd visit during the summer. One year they decide to take us to visit an Amish community. We drove 2 hours (one way!) and got there. No Amish. Everyone was driving cars and on their cell phones. Turns out my grandparents were using a guide book that was 12 years old! The Amish had moved on!

36. Taught yourself a new language

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing- does NC State University's rock wall count? I am NOT a fan of rock climbing. It is HARD and it hurts your hands! I like bouldering much better!

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David

41. Sung karaoke- once. At a pizza buffet in Washington D.C. on an 8th grade field trip. One of my best friends, Leslie, and I sung a few songs together. That summer she died in a car wreck. I'll never forget the karaoke!!!!

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant

44. Visited Africa

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight

46. Been transported in an ambulance- I pretty much do this every once-in-a-while because of my job. Thank God I've never been the one that needed medical attention!

47. Had your portrait painted

48. Gone deep sea fishing

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris- see #12!

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling- snorkeled in Key West, FL, Mexico, Jamaica, a few places in the US. Scuba Dived with the French in Carriacou. An island of Grenada in the West Indies.

52. Kissed in the rain

53. Played in the mud

54. Gone to a drive-in theater- we used to go to one in high school that was about 30 minutes away. I miss it- nothing like a drive-in! But I just found this one: Raleigh Road Drive-In, that is not far from the house! I can't WAIT to check it out!

55. Been in a movie

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies

62. Gone whale watching

63. Got flowers for no reason

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma

65. Gone sky diving

66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp

67. Bounced a check

68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten caviar

72. Pieced a quilt

73. Stood in Times Square

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London- this was while on vacation when we lived in France (see #12). Again- I was very young and didn't really "get it." But of course my mom tried to help me understand what was happening and how important it was that I was experiencing this. Well- they have this red gravel there that covers the area. I got a piece of it blown into my eye and proceeded to have a hissy fit. I was miserable. That is the most important thing I remember of the changing of the guards!

77. Broken a bone- my big toe- a few days before going to Disney World!

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper- the only time I can think is our Engagement Announcement in RNH's small town newspaper!

85. Read the entire Bible

86. Visited the White House

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- helped RNH pluck the duck feathers, and pull the meat out for the first time this past year! The weirdest thing about the whole experience is that the inside of the duck was warm. I hadn't "prepared" myself for that!

88. Had chickenpox

89. Saved someone’s life

90. Sat on a jury- some stupid lady sued this dead man's "estate" for injury she sustained AFTER the car wreck he caused. She was just a gold digger, and the whole jury knew it. Mwhahaha. We didn't give her what she wanted!

91. Met someone famous- Larry Johnson of the Charlotte Hornets back in 5th grade. Master P (he actually watched me play basketball!!! He was trying out for the Charlotte Bobcats and my high school was having a fund raiser for a Men's Varsity player who almost killed himself trying to get to basketball practice in time, and ended up in a coma. We were trying to raise money and Master P heard about it. He came and gave a TON of muh-lah and hung out for a bit while we were playing our Junior Varsity game!)

92. Joined a book club

93. Lost a loved one

94. Had a baby

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a law suit

98. Owned a cell phone

99. Been stung by a bee

100. Read an entire book in one day

That was fun! Maybe when I'm on my home computer I can post some more pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment