Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My 4th of July

My 4th of July....
.... I spent working.
Yeah, that stinks. I love the Fourth, it is the one true holiday of the summer, my favorite season of the year! So I worked my 12 hours and 15 minutes and sped home in order to have a little bit of daylight left in my day. When I got home RNH had a frozen pizza cooked for me. I sat out on the deck for a bit and enjoyed the sun setting over the house. Once it was dark- it was time to make up for the fact that I could not see any fireworks this year. (This is only the second time of my life- the first time I was in a foreign country on July 4th- and of course they're not gonna celebrate our Independence!!!) RNH and I both had to work the next day (which means getting up at 4:30), so driving somewhere to see fireworks, and then waiting in traffic to drive home, was not a good idea!

So to make up for it I brought out the sparklers. I was surprised that RNH actually wanted to join in too. But little did I know the reason- he had popper-thingies stashed away that were loud and scary! We sat out on the front yard for about 20 minutes lighting these things and taking pictures. I guess the 4th wasn't too bad... I just hope next year I'm OFF!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Friends,

    I Find Absolutely FREE PlayBoy & Penthous

    http://www.girlsupdates.com

    If I find something else I'll inform you.

    Best Regards,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, what kind of blog readers do you have? (Ref above post)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know!!! I never knew 4th of July could be so "exciting" for some people!!!

    ReplyDelete