Monday, July 20, 2009

Totally Random Note

The following things are random:

I decided that in the colder months, possibly November- December, I am going to blog about my wedding. I loved my wedding and it was seriously the best day of my life. But I hate wedding stuff. All-things-wedding, I hate. Seriously. So it's going to take me some time to "get over it" and move on. Not really- I mean I was done with it the next day, but ya know, sometimes you just need a break from the stressful things in life. And I'm thinking in the winter months, there won't be a garden, canning, fun baseball games, random trips to the beach, quite as much wine, sitting on the back deck, etc etc to talk about, which might give me the opportunity to blog about the wedding. And when I say blog, I mean blog. As in, the nitty-gritty. How much I spent on what, what the things were that pissed me off, and most importantly, my hatred towards the venue where our wedding was held. I'm going to be thinking of a logical way to break it up into several different posts, as not to overwhelm readers. Otherwise, I could go on and on, and on and on, about the big day. Enough of that!

On another note: it rained. And rained some more. We needed it desperately. It really stinks driving by farms that you've admired in the area, only to see them till it up because the plants have died due to a lack of rain.

RNH and I are thinking about purchasing a tiller. That will save me a ton of back-breaking work. (Since I tilled the ENTIRE garden up by hand this year. Don't worry- it was therapeutic for me- I was able to vent-out wedding stress!)

The blackberry jam I made is DELISH. The only problem, which I knew would be a problem when I started the dang thing- is that I really didn't have enough berries. That's what I get for being impatient! So, in turn, I had too much pectin, resulting in a jam that is literally stuck inside the mason jars. Thankfully it is delicious enough to be eaten by the spoon-full, and sucked on like a lolipop! I also figured out that I can dump some on a toasted piece of bread, zap it in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften it, and voila! is a delicious piece of blackberry toast!

I went to a house, it was work-related, and the couple at the home had the most bad-ass chicken coup I've ever seen!!! It was pretty much something like this:

Only way more spectacular because it was a "cottage" and it was painted the colors that I chose for our wedding. It even had flower boxes for the windows like the above picture. The lady and her husband told me about http://www.backyardchickens.com/ (which I've done a TON of research on!) where the couple did their own research, and built the coop. It was so neat. Now I'm dying for Fall to come so that RNH and I can start on the coop-building project. Our coop is not going to look like the city-dweller's "fancy" coops. It is going to be made of scrap wood and it will be special if it even gets painted! But either way, I was silly-excited to see such a neat coop!

But I have to go watch Urban Cowboy with RNH because he wants to "educate" me since I've never seen it!

2 comments:

  1. You are crazy. I may not be a fan of your chickens when you get them. I will eat their eggs though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently chickens have personalities like dogs do- so maybe you might like one of them! Haha! And yeah, I will definitely be giving "farm fresh" eggs out to anyone and everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete