Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hinnant Vineyards- Strawberry

Let me preface this by saying "I'm drunk." Yes, I am. Sorry. It's Biltmore's Riesling's fault, so the rest should be clear as mud.

I've got another Hinnant Vineyard wine for you. Strawberry. Let me tell you, DELISH! I think strawberries are easily my favorite fruit. I love anything strawberry. This wine just adds to the list of yummy things.
The bouquet smells of a rich strawberry jam. It makes me want to eat a biscuit, before I've even tried it. Oh wait- did I tell you this? I've never had strawberry wine. "Really?" you say? After Deanna Carter's Song? "Strawberry Wine." Still- never had it? Yup. Never. Isn't it weird how songs can make you want to try a certain activity, food or drink? I guess its the way America is socialized by Pop Culture. Does this mean if I listen to Eminem I'm immediately going to want to go out and shoot someone? No. Those people are idiots and wanted to do it in the first place.

Wow. How did I get on that? Yeah... Back to Deanna Carter's "Strawberry Wine." Gosh I love that song. It can really take you back to a special place and time! (Even if you haven't had strawberry wine before!)

"He was working through college on my grandpa's farm
I was thirsting for for knowledge and he had a car
I was caught somewhere between a woman and a child
When one restless summer we found love growing wild
On the banks of the river on a well beaten path
Funny how those memories they last

Like strawberry wine and seventeen
The hot July moon saw everything
My first taste of love oh bittersweet
Green on the vine Like strawberry wine"

Ahhhh yesssss... Strawberry wine. Seeing as how this is my first taste, I really don't have anything to compare it to. However, my first sense is of course from my nose. (I learned that 75% of your senses (when wine drinking!) come from your nose, and immediately when smelling this wine's bouquet, I smell strawberry jam. Which is my fav! I am immediately impressed.

The wine is a delicious bounty of strawberries. There is no hint of tannins, meaning no puckering in the side of your mouth. The pallet is full of strawberries, with nothing extra to add. And it doesn't need it. I am in love.

I love strawberries. I love the way they make me think of summer. I love Hinnant's Strawberry Wine. Oh, and Deanna Carter of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment