Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fun Things!

Just a few random fun things I'd like to mention!

As we all know, Halloween is coming up. My mom and I are shopping in Target when we run across the pet Halloween costume section. Lo' and behold... there is a cat chicken costume. "Nana" (my mom) thinks that Chloe (the kitty) just has to have it. It is probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I've got to get RNH to help me get a picture of Chloe the Cock, with one of the pullets. Too funny!
She loves me, she really does!
I was driving into work and snapped this picture. It just made me smile. I love where I live. I love the fact that there are Americans out there that still believe in good old fashioned hard work and know how to work the land and provide for themselves. And yes, he is waving to the neighbor. Sigh.

I'm a God fearin', hard workin' combine driver

Hoggin' up the road on my a p-p-plower

Chug-a-lug-a-luggin' 5 miles an hour

On my International Harvester

~Craig Morgan's International Harvester

On another, very, very, VERY exciting note: it had been raining for the past 2 days. RNH and I are hanging out lazily around the house. Then he starts DEMANDING that I come into the kitchen. I could tell something was wrong by the tone of his voice. I started to run in and he tells me to stop. He's very stern about it too. Something is terribly wrong. He tells me to slowly walk up to the window and look out the backyard. What do I see? TURKEYS!!!!!!!! 6 total, hens and toms. Very skinny. GOSH we wish it was Turkey season! Super cool!!!


RNH and I got to go one of our favorite stores while in Charlotte: Bass Pro Shop's Outdoor World. Yes, we love it. I've been stumped as what to do with our guest bathroom. I feel each room in a house need a theme. Whether it be a color, a certain activity, brand name, just something to help tie everything together. For instance our bathroom is all about John Deere, our guest room is a beach-themed room, etc etc. And our guest bathroom has just been sitting there. Until now. I found this at Bass Pro. RNH loves it. We should not be allowed to go home decor shopping together!!!
The chickens are getting SO big, SO quick! They deserve a post entirely for them, so that will come later. I've also visited 2 other wineries I have not blogged about. And there are a few other things that I guess will just have to wait! I've got to run out with RNH to renew my hunting license!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment