Tuesday, October 13, 2009

John Deere, God Bless His Heart

This is our bathroom. Any redneck would understand a love for John Deere. Actually, anyone with a large yard can appreciate the green and yellow machines. The idea for our themed-bathroom started when we were discussing paint. The bad thing about this bathroom is that it has green tile floors. I actually love the color, and love the tiles. But when it comes to designing, you have to work with the green. I can't remember our original design ideas, but RNH came up with the John Deere idea. No, the tiles aren't "John Deere green." But it all works together well.
Even the shelves are decorated appropriately!
Yes, this is our garbage can. It used to be a popcorn tin. My mom got it for us for Christmas. And yes, that is a Walmart bag as the trash bag. We're redneck. You gotta do what you gotta do!
Of course you have to have a cool light-switch plate!
But the love for John Deere doesn't stop there. It may even creep into your closet. My sister gave me a t-shirt that says "Will trade husband for Deere." Super cool. And the socks, you just can't go wrong with JD socks!

The background behind all of this JD craziness is our beloved tractor. I have been spoiled rotten by my parents, and they were generous enough to give us a house-warming present. Not only was it one of the best gifts I've ever received, but it also saved our lives. How? you ask does a John Deere tractor save your life???

Because we would have had to use this:
I think we've got about 1 & 1/2 acres of grass. We would literally die. Die. Forreal. D-I-E, if we had to mow that grass. And no, we wouldn't have used that century-old mower, we would have had to buy a push mower. It would have been tough. But now we've got this baby:
I'll take you for a ride on my big green tractor,
We can go slow or make it go faster
Down through the woods and out to the pasture
As long as I'm with you, it really don't matter.
-Jason Aldean
Anyways, as you can tell, John Deere has infested himself in our lives. John Deere was actually born in 1804 in Illinois and invented the first plow, known as "the plow that broke the plains." He once said, "I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." Which seems to be a motto that the company has stuck to over all these years. Its true, nothin' runs like a Deere!

3 comments:

  1. Love that SONG! And I love John Deere... I have a John Deere t-shirt that says "the farmer's daughter." I usually wear it to city limits ;) ---Mrs. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some Jason Aldean!!! Skinny- are you sure??? Even tho my shelves are off-centered??? HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete