Saturday, October 10, 2009

OH POOP!!!


I learned a very valuable lesson today. The lesson might seem simple to many, but I like to learn the hard way.

The lesson is this: don't walk to the chicken coop in your bare feet.

Yes, I'm an idiot.

I've really enjoyed walking out to the coop in the mornings. I like to check on my babies and see if they survived the night. (More on that later!) I usually walk out to the rear of the shed in my PJ's, no shoes, and stank morning breath. I hang out with them for a bit, give them food, talk to them and then go back in for the start of my day.

Today was just like any other day. Except when I got to work. I work nights (for the moment) and have tried keeping up a running routine before work. I can shower at work and I did, just as usual. I'm kind of weirded out by feet fungus and always wear shower shoes. After I got out of the shower today, I noticed that my shower shoe was brown. That's odd. I just showered. I shouldn't have dirt on my feet.

After a close examination, I realized that there had been chicken poo stuck to the bottom of my foot. This means I had walked to the coop, went back inside my home, put my socks on and went running. Squishing the brown guk even further onto my skin.... ewwww!!!

I can't believe I hadn't noticed. Like I said, I like to learn things the hard way. I will no longer go out there without proper footwear. Ever.

Now when I get home I'm going to be worried that there will be chicken poo somewhere in my house. ::sigh::

4 comments:

  1. eeewwwwwwwwww! gross!! Sounds like you need a good soaking in Clorox!!! But--love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forreal!!! I made sure to put shoes on today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, Reed-iculous read it out loud to me while I was driving and we laughed really hard. And were really grossed out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I'm glad I could provide you with entertainment on y'alls way to the ATL! Thankfully I didn't have chicken sh*t in my house when I got home!

    ReplyDelete