Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dough- WR

Maybe I should have mentioned this from the beginning? I didn't pay for my wedding. I am spoiled rotten and blessed beyond belief to have parents that thought ahead and felt it necessary to pay for their daughter's weddings. I'm not sure when they started saving for my wedding, but they did. And because of them I was able to have a fantasy wedding.

My mom gave me a budget and I tried my hardest to stick within the lines. It was pretty difficult, especially when my mom would end up buying extra things with non-budgeted money (just because she's awesome and really wanted certain things for the wedding!) I also ended up spending a lot of my own money as well. I'm not sure how much of my own money I spent, but it came out of my day-to-day spending which made money tight elsewhere.

Just so that everyone understands, when I say "I bought my dress, yaddi yaddi yadda," it really wasn't me buying it. If the wedding expenses had been left up to me, we would have been married in our backyard. And yes, I would have borrowed my sister's wedding dress for sure (I know Skinny, I know you're eye balls are popping out of your head again! HAHA!)

So yes, I'm blessed beyond belief. And I know it. And hopefully I let my mom know how appreciative I was of everything she gave me for that big day, and for everything she did. She is my .hero. Without her, it wouldn't have been a fairy tale!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhh, you weirdo! I would have bought you a dress so you could have your own! (It may have come from Goodwill though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!!! I knew you'd like my shout out to you! I can't help how cheap I am!!! :)

    ReplyDelete