Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wedding Refreshment

No, I'm not talking about wine or iced tea. I'm talking about relief!

We got married this year on May 2nd. It was a ton of fun and the best day of my life. Seriously. I had the wedding of my dreams and couldn't have asked for anything better. But the big day didn't go exactly as planned. There were bumps in the road, but I didn't care or got over it quickly! No time for being mad, I was marrying Mr. Right! Anyways- throughout the wedding-planning process I got sick, very sick. Not physically, but just sick and tired of brides-to-be. I can't really explain how I felt, but there are things in a wedding that I just don't feel are quite as important as everyone else does. I understand tradition, but sometimes there are those of us that don't have the money to carry out tradition, or we just don't feel its worth the money. But don't tell a lot of brides-to-be that, they'd kill you.

So the point of this post: my friend is getting marred next year, September 18th to her Mr. Right. (And he is totally that!!!) I am beyond excited for her! We met freshman year of college and I really just admire the mess out of this girl! She is one of the most giving people I've ever met! So to hear her be so incredibly happy makes me so incredibly happy for her! She deserves it!

We recently caught up over dinner and we went over a few wedding details. Let me tell you, it was refreshing to hear someone share the same views about weddings as I do!!! We talked about the cake, the dress, the invites, the bridesmaid dresses, and so much more. She shared a lot of the same feelings on what was important and what was not. What things should have more money put into them, and which things could be skimped on.

With all of this being said, I'm excited for her and got in the "wedding-mood" again. Not to plan, not to have another one, but to share on the details of my planning process. So here we go folks, I'm going to finally blog about my wedding. I'll make sure to put something wedding-related in the post title, so if you don't care, you don't have to read! It was a long and tedious journey and one that I never care to go on, ever again. Thank God I will never have to!

1 comment:

  1. Just wait until I get married. I will have more questions for you than you had for me!

    ReplyDelete