Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

As I begin a New Year, I'd like to reflect on the year we that has just flown by!

Biggest and Best Event:
Marrying my best friend- the only person who truly gets me and supports me in everything!!! May 2 was the best day of my life!

Travels & Wineries:
Charlotte a half-dozen times for various reasons. Always a fun time! We also got to visit Rocky River Vineyard and Old State Winery.
Southern Pines another half-dozen times, again for various reasons. And again, a fun time!
Mexico- for an awesome honeymoon in the Mayan Riviera. I highly recommend Xcaret!
Hampstead- to our friend's parent's beach house for a cold weather excursion at the beach!
Carolina Beach- a short camping excursion at the beach!
Shallotte Beach- another short beach excursion where we got into wineries- Silver Coast was the start of it all!
Morehead City- the 2009 Seafood Festival was awesome, and we got to visit Hinnant Vineyard!
Boone- a fun excursion with good friends! We got to visit the not-so-liked Buck Shoals Vineyard.
Hurdle Mills- we took a short day-trip from the house to visit Rock of Ages Vineyard.

Animals:
We got 6 chickens that I love dearly.
I finally got my biggest wish of all- Drake the Labrador!!!

Other Highlights:
RNH and I finished our second year in our dream home. Yes it may be a tad small, but perfect for just us two and we love our 5 acres. We never thought we'd be able to find a home that really lets us enjoy all of our hobbies and more! God has truly blessed us in this perfect find!
My sister moved from 3 hours away, to only 20 minutes away and I love seeing her every bit that I can!
Work has been awesome this past year, despite the bad things and politics, I have a BFF to share the craziness and excitement with! She doesn't know how much I appreciate her friendship and her willingness to always help me out of a pickle! Haha! Your awesome Skinny!!!
I gained another family- RNH's family! We don't get to see them often because of our job, and they seem to have a lot going on, but they're still a loving family that I'm happy to be a part of!

Tragedies:
Thankfully there aren't many.
I lost my grandfather on my dad's side to old-age. He was a hard person to get to know these past 25 years. I saw him once a year when I was younger. The older I got, the less I saw him. I loved him, the little that I knew of him.
eerT, my beloved White's tree frog that I was given in high school also passed away of old age. He was an easy pet!

At this point I think I've hit on most of the major things. I'm drawing a blank for the moment, so I guess I better stop. RNH and I have to go to bed at 9pm tonight, so I won't be seeing the LED ball drop on TV this year. Oh darn. RNH is making it a celebration anyways- we're having tilapia and snow crab legs for dinner, YES! I can only hope and pray that 2010 is just as awesome as this year was. God has truly blessed me beyond anything I could have ever imagined. I feel much closer to him this year and only hope that in 2010 he will draw me in even more! Bring it on 2010!!! Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope God blesses you and your wonderful RNH 1000 times over in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome too! I would be so sad without you :(

    ReplyDelete