Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Refurbished iPod

I've wanted an iPod for quite a while. I finally decided I would get one for myself as a Christmas present (yes, that is terrible, but I need to treat myself sometimes!!! Oh- and it helped when telling people what to get me for Christmas- an iTunes gift card!) So anyways, I was going to take my holiday money and buy the iTouch iPod, or whatever its called. Then I looked at the specs on it. I don't know if I've ever heard songs a million-bagillion songs or want to play video games, so why would I need that much memory space? I also have no desire to sit around and watch music videos on a small screen. And I don't have wi-fi and don't feel necessary to access the internet on a small gadget, when I've got the internet at my disposal, whether I'm at home or at work. (Although I must say- when my phone contract is up, and I'm due for a new phone next year, I think I'm going to get a big upgrade and get internet access on my phone. There have been quite a few times when I've been lost, and google maps would have been much appreciated.) Ok, sorry about all of that!

So after checking everything out, I decided that all I really need is the iPod Nano. It will be plenty for me! Then I get to work and my boss tells me about Refurbished iPods. He bought his daughter one to try it out, and now the entire family has a refurbished one. His daughter has had her's for quite a while. He also explained that it comes with a new outer shell and a new battery. I checked everything out and found that an 8G iPod Nano, holds 2,000 songs, plus video and pictures- $100 with free shipping!!!
So I'm currently downloading some of RNH's CDs, starting with George Strait. I asked for a car adapter thing, so hopefully we'll have tons of songs to listen to for our travels the next few months.

I'm pretty excited to finally have an iPod, and excited about the whole refurbishing thing. I'll be sure to let you know if I end up hating it!
*If you're considering a refurbished iPod, I'd be careful purchasing one from Amazon, or any other company besides Apple. You're not always guaranteed a new battery and outer shell with those stores. Plus Apple gives you a year warranty, just in case you have problems!

1 comment: