Saturday, January 23, 2010

Goodies

RNH's birthday was a week ago. I wanted to make it special for him so I started out the day with some home-made cinnamon rolls. My wonderful mother-in-law let me borrow her bread machine to see if I'd want one of my own. (It is a fun thing to have for a month or so, and then you won't use it again!) Using the machine I created a cinnamon roll dough and made the scrumptious goodies the next day. RNH isn't a huge fan of cinnamon rolls but he loved these!!! Next time we have an overnight guest at the house, they will get this treat!!!


I also tried my hand at making an ice cream cake. Ice cream cakes are RNH's favorite. I used 2 9" pans and made a Chocolate Devils Food cake. In between the two layers I lathered on Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream and then frosted the entire thing over with cool whip and sprinkled crushed peanut butter cups on the top.
I think it looked better than it tasted. I think I'm just a sucker for cake with sweet icing on the top. This was good, just not as good as the old fashioned birthday cake!!!

4 comments:

  1. This has totally inspired me to make some cinnamon rolls (but from pillsbury) and the cake looks delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pillsbury are DELISH, but something about these things being semi-scratch made, made them even BETTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! I want the rolls next time I come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking I would make them for you!!!

    ReplyDelete