Monday, January 4, 2010

Silver Coast- Holiday Red

RNH and I saved this bottle from our beach trip in September to open up on Christmas Day. It was going to be our special wine. We had such great times and fun memories from that beach trip, that we figured the bottle would be a special memento.
We opened the bottle on Christmas Day and we were surprised. The wine was not half as good as we remembered it to be. I'm not sure if it wasn't sealed correctly, or if the wine just deteriorated over time, but I recalled the wine having strong notes of spices like cinnamon that make you automatically think of Christmas. This wine was a tad dry with a hint of sweetness, but nothing like the mulled spice taste I expected.

I think we were pretty intoxicated by the time we tasted this wine and it resulted in a poor decision. Not my all-time favorite, but don't take my word for it. Give it a shot!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how many bottles you guys are going to drink after tastings that aren't as good as you remembered.

    ReplyDelete