Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Natural Born Swimmer

A coworker brought his two dogs over today, a pit mix and dingo-dog mix. They're big dogs and Drake has played with them since he was a tiny puppy. He loves them and loves to have puppy play dates!!!
We went down into the woods and walked along the river. We actually went further than RNH and I had ever been. It was so much fun being in the middle of the woods, in the middle of nowhere. I just love that feeling! The dogs were having a blast running around and chasing each other. Drake found a decaying turtle and the other dog found a ton of beaver holes, but other than that, nothing too exciting.

As we were walking back, RNH and I were on one side of the river, and my coworker had all three dogs on the other side. Drake began whining because he couldn't be with his parents. We stopped along side the river and I coaxed him into the water. He had to swim across to get with me- and he did it!!! It was so great! We made a big deal about it and of course he wanted to do it again. He swam right back across where his two play pals were waiting for him.

Further down river it got much much wider, and he even swam across that! I was upset because I didn't have my camera with me, and it felt as if my child had just taken his first step! I'm sure as the weather continues to warm, he's going to be swimming a lot more. I snapped this picture of a worn out pup after his buddies were gone!

Isn't he getting big!??!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, he's now a swimmer - that's so cute! Your boy is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! I have to admit, I really didn't care for the puppy age, but I'm loving his teenage years and the new stuff he's trying! Now I'm just scared with this warmer weather, and the snakes coming out, he's going to get into trouble!

    ReplyDelete