Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dust Bath?

My chickens have decided that the best place to have their dust bath is in the newly planted apple tree. Which of course, its not going to be good for the tree. I'm thinking about making a dust box for them. I've read blogs about quite a few people making them. They seem to be pretty successful with their chickens actually using the box. We'll see.

RNH finally got his miter saw that he has been dreaming about for forever. I'm thinking he might have to make the chickens a box!
The indoor kitty, Chloe, decided that she wanted to see what all the fuss was about with these chickens. They all hung out together for about 15 minutes! Chloe just sniffed around them, and Roo, the guardian rooster, didn't seem to mind her hanging out!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww but aren't they cute!?! They seem to be able to find or do EXACTLY what you don't want them to do. Little buggers! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, my indoor kitty, Jack, is petrified of the chickens! The roosters always make a racket when I let Jack out, and he knows to avoid them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW Catalina... I think I've figured a good way to keep them out of my garden for now... I just hope I don't have to put up some sort of fence around the apple trees too!

    Haha Chloe doesn't even seem to notice that they're there Razz... She just sniffs around them. And they don't seem to mind her either... its SO weird because she is a SCAREDY Cat!!!

    ReplyDelete